How to Take Care of Baby Teeth
Here are some essential steps to start caring for your child’s teeth:
- Start brushing their teeth gently as soon as their first baby tooth erupts.
- Use an infant toothbrush and ask a pediatric dentist for toothpaste recommendations.
- Clean their teeth and gums after every feeding, even if it’s just some milk!
- When the child has more teeth, start to floss them gently at night.
- Start teaching your child how to spit, starting at the age of 2, and start using a small amount of fluoride.
Find the Right Pediatric Dentist for Your Child
You should take your child for their first dental appointment as soon as their first baby tooth erupts and no later than their first birthday.
During this meeting, you can find even more essential tips on how to care for your child’s oral health and a full check-up to see if their smiles are developing properly.
If you’re in the Saginaw, TX, area, bring your child to see Dr. Elias and Dr. Christina, no matter how old they are, to help them access compassionate pediatric dental care that proves there’s no reason to not go to the dentist.
Request a visit to Saginaw Kids Dentistry online, or call our office at (682) 285-1900 if you need to learn more about our pediatric services.